How Do I Know What Length Of Stick To Use and Where Should I Cut My Hockey Stick Off?
- A good way to measure your stick is to stand, without skates in your stocking feet, on a flat surface.
- Place the toe of your stick on the ground between your feet.
- Lean the stick straight up-and-down so the handle of the stick touches the tip of your nose.
- A general rule is to mark and cut the handle of your stick where it touches the tip of your nose.
- Then when standing on your skates, the stick should come up to your chin or just below it.
What Are The Differences Between Composite & Wood Sticks?
Wood Sticks are generally manufactured with a standard square shape. These are generally the heaviest sticks. They are a good value but have poor consistency and many breakages.
Composite shafts/Sticks can be found to have all types of shapes, weights and flexes. A composite shaft/Stick should be purchased for the shaft consistency, shot speed and accuracy and its lighter weight.
Hockey players choose from brands like:
Bauer - CCM - Reebok - Easton - Warrior
For more information on how to size a hockey stick and to ensure the proper fit of your hockey stick please feel free to contact our customer service at 1.800.828.7496