What is the Proper Fit for Ice Hockey Skates?
- Skates normally fit 1 to 1-1/2 sizes smaller than your street shoes.
- While wearing the sock that will be worn when skating, slip your foot into the skate, pressing the ends of the toes against the front of the skate.
- In this position, you should be able to place one finger between the inside of the boot and the heel of your foot.
- Walk 10 to 15 minutes in the skates checking for comfort.
- An ideal fit for an adult would have the heel at the rear of boot and have the big or second tow lightly “feather” the toe cap while standing.
- For a player that is still growing, have the large or second toe “feather” the toe cap. Look behind the heel for any room. No more than 1/2" should be allowed.
- The skates should last approximately 9 months.
How Can I Break In My Skates Faster?
- A good, clean way to break in skates is to lace them up at home.
- If you do this for a few hours it should help your feet feel better when you first skate.
- This is also a good way for young skaters to strengthen their ankles.
Choose from brands like:
Bauer - CCM - Reebok - Easton
For more information on how to size Hockey Ice Skate and to ensure the proper fit of your Hockey Ice Skate please feel free to contact our customer service at 1.800.828.7496 or watch the video below.