Great Skate will not be undersold in Ice Hockey Equipment. We will match any US Website. Check out our 30 day guarantee
Orders placed on the web site will be shipped UPS Ground Freight within the 48 Continental States.
EXCEPTIONS: Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO orders & other military addresses outside outside the USA - these orders will be shipped USPS priority mail. - Please consult the freight charge table.Shipping Standards
Free UPS Ground Freight on all orders over $75.00. Ice/Goalie Wheel Bags, & Ice Hockey Goals. All Hockey Sticks will be sent USPS Priority Mail Ground. Orders will be charged freight. All orders are subject to a handling charge.
Hockey Skate Sharpening
- GreatSkate.com Price
- SKU: skatesharpening
Hockey Skate Sharpening by Greatskate.com
- You'll need to have your skates sharpened before hitting the Ice!!!
- Let our sharpening experts give you a professional edge!
- Conventional Hollow Options
- 3/8" - Standard (More Bite)
- 5/16" Very Sharp (Max Grip)
- 1/2" Less Bite (Standard for Goalies)
- 3/4" Less Bite
Black Stone FlatBottom V:
FLAT BOTTOM V® - FBV® - Technology A New Era of Perfection
- The revolutionary new FBV™ (Flat Bottom V™) skate sharpening system from Blackstone® (patent-pending) gives you competitive advantages like you’ve never experienced before.
- Superior endurance. Greater power.
- Enhanced agility.
- Better control.
- These are just a few of the improvements skaters from recreational leagues to the pros are reporting with this new blade sharpening technique.
- In fact, research conducted by The International Ice Hockey Research Academy at the University of Ottawa, under the direction of Dr. T. Blaine Hoshizaki, supports the benefits players are noticing: “The results in this study definitely confirm that the Blackstone® innovation is easily perceived and recognized by the subjects as having a performance benefit.”
- 100/75 Speed Glide + Max Bite
- 100/50 Speed Glide + More Bite
- 90/75 Speed Glide + Less Bite
- 90/50 Speed Glide + Min. Bite
Hockey Equipment Fitting Guide
Hockey Elbow Pads:
Necessary and approved equipment that when properly fitted protects the elbow, forearm and lower bicep/tricep from contact that may occur during the sport of hockey.
Necessary and approved piece of equipment that protects the head from contact that may occur during the sport of hockey.
Ice Hockey Gloves:
Necessary and approved equipment that when properly fitted protects the hand, fingers, wrist and forearm(except short gloves) from slashes and other contact.
Ice Hockey Stick:
Right or Left?... When the player is holding the stick, whichever hand is at the bottom of the shaft will determine right or left.
What hand will the player hold the goal stick in?... If the goal stick is held in the right hand, you will need a "left". If the goal stick is held in the left hand, you will need a "right".
Hockey Shin Pads:
Hard plastic, foam padding and cloth piece of equipment worn to protect shins and knees from contact.
Ice Hockey Pants:
Foam padding and hard plastic contained in a cloth shell used to protect waist, hips, thighs and calf.
Hockey Shoulder Pads:
Hard plastic, foam padding and cloth piece of equipment worn to protect shoulders, upper frontal chest and upper back from contact. Some models also have attachments for protection of mid section and sternum.
Ice Hockey Skates:
Hockey Skates are generally 1-1/2 smaller than shoe size. Click for more information